Music Magazine





Processes used


I used InDesign to put everything together,and used a variety of tool within it. Firstly I had to use Photoshop and remove the backgrounds of my images using the magic wand and lasso tool to select sections. I then had to use the colour replacement tool to take away any green tints. I saved these images as PNGs to use them without backgrounds in InDesign. 

In InDesign I used gradients to make the backgrounds, and also used the stroke and drop shadow effects to make the images look a little more interesting. Text wrap was also used to make the images could stay where I wanted them and I also feel it makes the text more dynamic.

I also used Flash to draw the band logo, and exported it as a PNG for use here. I drew it with a graphics tablet and simply used the bucket tool to colour it.


Comments

  1. Great little video of your production Alex.
    Well done.

    Concept is good, do you have thumbnails for your initial designs?
    If so pop them up here too.
    What magazine did you base your design off? Show it as well
    .
    I believe the front cover needs more work as it is not saying Music mag to me - what do you think?

    If you have a guitar or rock based images use them too.
    The blocks around the text do not work and need to b addressed again - the actual title works brilliantly.
    DPS good but column text needs to be 11pt so it looks like a real article.
    Content page info is far too big and needs to be structured more so - look at areal magazine for ideas.
    Make amendments and repost please.

    Merit so far.

    Mrs McD-H

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment